Chasing Sustainability through the Law
by: Laura Evans
e-book available for purchase on Amazon HERE for 99¢ until September 28th (then $4.99)!
e-book also available for purchase on Kobo HERE for $4.99!
Paperback arrives the first week of October 2022.
Publisher: New Degree Press
Silent Seasons: Chasing Sustainability through the Law is a thought leadership book about sustainability and US environmental law based on what author Laura Evans has experienced and learned as an environmental lawyer, consultant, and nonprofit staffer living in both Western New York and Austin, Texas.
Silent Seasons combines personal stories and legal information to teach the reader:
- How specific environmental laws like the Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and New York’s Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act work.
- How the current U.S. environmental law system is organized and failing us all.
- How you can benefit from personal sustainability lessons I learned along the way.
- How to create a broader framework for addressing current problems like climate change, water pollution, air pollution, species extinction, and more.
- How to make chicken noodle soup.
The stories and lessons in this book will give the reader broader perspectives and new ways of thinking about sustainability, which will empower us all to move toward a more healthy and sustainable future together.