Available to order online or buy a copy at Burning Books, 420 Connecticut Street, Buffalo, NY 14213
Paperback and e-book available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble!
e-Book available on Kobo!
Distributed to bookstores, libraries, and other retailers through the global distributor, Ingram. Call up your local bookstore and ask them to order you a copy today!
Do you care about what happens to life on Earth? Are you concerned that what we are doing is unsustainable? Do you want to practice sustainability, but aren’t clear how?
Silent Seasons: Chasing Sustainability through the Law is a thought leadership book about sustainability and US environmental law based on what author Laura Evans has experienced and learned as an environmental lawyer, consultant, and nonprofit staffer living in both Western New York and Austin, Texas.
Silent Seasons combines personal stories and legal information to teach the reader:
- How specific environmental laws like the Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and New York’s Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act work.
- How the current U.S. environmental law system is organized and failing us all.
- How you can benefit from personal sustainability lessons I learned along the way.
- How to create a broader framework for addressing current problems like climate change, water pollution, air pollution, species extinction, and more.
- How to make chicken noodle soup.
The stories and lessons in this book will give the reader broader perspectives and new ways of thinking about sustainability, which will empower us all to move toward a more healthy and sustainable future together.
Publisher: New Degree Press